5 years old, BUT never use bathroom for # 2.

I know it is crazy, so please don't judge me .
Due to severe constipation he is not able to go to bathroom for # 2. He knows it is wrong, but he so sceared, that toilet will hurt even more.
Any ideas ?
Please, dont judge. It is allrady hard on me.
Thnaks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on May. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• is he on any medication? Have you seen a specialist?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I dont understand... Your child is still pooping his pants at 5 due to severe constipation? If that is the case the doctor should have done something already IMO.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Has he seen a GI, my 4 year old has GI problems and occasionally has to use Miralax. It has really helped him a lot.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:01 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No, no medications. What kind of specialist ?
    He is not pooping on his pants, he is pooping in a Goodnithg pul ups.
    Anonymous

• a GI at the least

try mirilax, you can get an RX or get it OTC
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• A GI (gastroenterologist) My son have Eosinophilic Esophagitis and has to see one regularly. If his constipation is that bad he really needs to see a dr. or specialist about it there could be an underlying issue that is causing it.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Well,his pediat. doc. don't thing he have any GI problems, everything phsyc. , when he was 2, he have a sever const., even a visit to ER, so his doc, gave him Miralax. Yes it is making BM softer, but not taking faer of using toilet away (.
    Anonymous

• constipation can also be caused by food allergies, if it a recurrent problem and he is getting enough fiber in his diet I would get a second opinion. My pedi told me for 2 years that my sons weight issues were not a problem and then I decided to go ahead and take him to a specialist and it turns out he has a huge list of food allergies and a chronic condition which causes him not to absorb nutrients like he should.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thanks, laciD, i'll ask pedi for gi referral.
    And, yes we have a food allergies, and we know all of thme, so he is not eating any thing from " that list ". Also, eating super healthy , no junk, no fast food.
    Anonymous

• my neice had a similar issue. i dont remember what all they did, but i would definately get a second opinion. it sounds like its his fear of going and it hurting being the problem...not so much the actual pooping. my neice would do that and actually hold it in. that is what caused her issues. i wish i remember what my SIL said she had to do to help her. She was around 2 when it started i think because she got really constipated one time and it did hurt really bad that time.

Good luck with the specialist. someone ought to be able to help you.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:32 PM on May. 11, 2010