What age will my baby learn to sit, crawl, stand and walk on her own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is different for each baby but the averages are:
    Sitting- 4-6 months
    Crawling- 6-8 months
    Standing- 10-11 months
    Walking- 12 months

My daughter did all of them early (4m, 4m, 9m, 11m) whereas my niece did most of them late. It all depends on the baby and how much you work with them. Hope that helps!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:07 PM on May. 11, 2010

• The average age for sitting is 6 months, crawling is 9 months, standing is 11, and walking is 13 now research shows. But like pp siad. they are all different. my son was sitting at 5 months, crawling well by 6, standing at 8 and took his first steps at 9. Which were all early.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:11 PM on May. 11, 2010

• The range of what is normal is huge. I just listed the average months for each particular feat. Some kids dont crawl till after a year, some dont at all. I just listed the average months.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:12 PM on May. 11, 2010

• The PP is correct. It depends on the baby. Providing opportunities to learn and strengthen muscles helps... by that I mean giving as floor time as is tolerated, for example, and carrying the baby. Try to avoid too much time in baby containers, with toys within easy reach and no incentive or ability to move and explore containers don't give ample movement opportunities,
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:13 PM on May. 11, 2010

•  Hi  As far as all your Questions  Throw away the books  LOL  Only Kidding  It  all depends on the baby some take their time some are way early .

SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 1:14 PM on May. 11, 2010

• my ds didn't sit up alone until 8 months, same as crawling but he was born a month early... not walking yet (9months)
    my dd sat up at 5 months and crawled at 6 months walked @ 12 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:36 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Whenever your baby is ready. Really. It varies so much that I couldn't tell you the "average".
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:36 PM on May. 11, 2010

• When she's ready. The range of "normal" is quite wide at this age and for these specific milestones. And toss crawling out. Crawling is no longer considered a developmental milestone by the AAP. in fact, some infants never really master the traditional crawl with no longer term ill effects. Neither of mine were ever true crawlers. They found a way to get around and then gave that up so they could walk early. ;)

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

• adjusted for prematurity my ds, sat at 4 monthes, crawled at 6 and is cruising on furniture at 7 1/2
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 7:20 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My DD sat by herself at 4 months, started crawling backwards at 5 months, forward at 6 months and at 7 months she can pull up and stand without holding for a few seconds. Her doctor said all the work I do with her is really helping her learn faster. I'm a SAHM and all I do all day (other than take care of the house) is play with her and encourage her because she gets VERY upset if she can't move around.

It varies baby to baby.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:33 PM on May. 11, 2010