would you let a 141/2 year old go to a 13 yr old girls house? my son thinks he just can go anywhere with a girl. i teach him that is not respectful to him or here. i let him go to the show last night only as a group of 5. he thinks i am mean and not fair.

bella52

Asked by bella52 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it would depend upon whether or not her parents are home and supervising them. If they are home and don't have a problem with him being there, I would probably let him go for an agreed upon amount of time. Maybe you could call the parents and discuss it with them first? I agree with the group going to the show. But in my opinion, if you don't let him see her, it will make him want to even more.

My parents always told me no about going somewhere and with whom I wanted to go with. I did it anyway, behind their backs. I spent more time sneaking out as a kid than anything else! If they'd just let me have some freedom, I would have respected the boundaries. As long as they are supervised by adults, I don't see why it would be a problem.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I think your being a responsible parent by not letting them be alone thus far. 14... hes soooo at that age. It's gonna happen but if you haven't had the talk I would say you should probably get on that. Good luck.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• NO...do you want to be a grandma????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Ask him if he wants to be friends with STDs, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS.......... he should be staying home.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 12:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My youngest son who is 13 goes to his friends house usually with a friend or 2 and they hang out, sometimes you have to let them go and trust them, everytime my son says he is going to his g/f house (her mother is there) i drop him off and tell him to act like a gentlemen and he always says i know mom, sometimes he beats me to the punch and tells me yeah i know act like a gentlemen..but i trust my son and what makes things easier is me and my sons have a open communication where they tell me everything, sometimes too much info that i dont need to know but at least they know i am there for them without judgement..sometimes its all about trusting them
    hellsfury

Answer by hellsfury at 1:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008