Anyone know of any good potty training tips?

My daughters 24 months and i'm starting to potty train her. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Dodie702

Asked by Dodie702 at 1:16 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep putting her on the potty every 20-30 mins. ask her if she has to go frequently. Don't force it too much though, trust me it will make it harder. Also "treats" help. We bought a bad of tootsie rolls and every time he goes potty I clap my hands say yay and tell how good it then i give him a tootsie.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• With my son we first tried the "sticker board" where everytime he went to the potty we gave him a sticker and if he filled all his stickers he would get a big prize, but he didnt like that too much. So we tried giving him a sucker for everytime he went to the potty. This worked well with him going number 1 but we still had trouble getting him to go number 2 in the potty. So what we did was we went to the dollar store picked out a few little toys, we wrapped some of them and let him see the others. After he went number 2 in the potty he could pick out one of the toys or one of the surprise toys, and it worked wonders.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• oh, and we would always do a little dance/cheer after he went.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Check the anon. post right before yours, I just posted my advice at length :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on May. 11, 2010