Do you let your kids watch TV?

Any age? I personally do not let my kids watch TV at all. They can find other forms of entertainment. Video games and cartoons/kid shows are not allowed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, limited.

Usually we do more outdoor activities, some video games-also limited.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:20 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If that is your decision to not let your kids watch any TV....what does it matter if others do or don't? Don't worry about us and our kids :)
    Anonymous

• Yes i do, but my dd doesnt like to watch it all the time. She usually watches it for a brief time im the a.m. and at nap and bed. I never let her watch it before she was 1 so she is use to, and prefers, to play in her room.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Mine are 2 and 4 and no they do not watch any tv during the week. Its just unnecessary for children this young to be parked in front of a TV. They do get to watch a movie on Saturday if they are good.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• limited! we have pbs on right now...I think of it as the npr for kids lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My DD will be two this month and usually watches .5-1 hour of TV a day, depending on the day. We spend more time doing one on one activities, playing, etc. but sometimes I need a shower, LOL and the only way I can get her to be happy is to pop in a DVD for a bit. LOL
    Anonymous

• Yes. My son watches Sesame Street every day. He's 20 months old and learned how to jump yesterday when Elmo sang the Jump song. Well, he doesn't get his feet off the ground, but he tries!

Anonymous

• My son watches less then my daughter. I want to change that(her watching less as well),but it won't happen till we are moved in 2 1/2 months.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:28 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My kids are 17, 10 and 8 and watch TV like 6 hours a day in the winter. In the summer it's more like 3 because they spend most of their time outside. They aren't over weight what so ever, they are all honor students and have great imaginations. TV hasn't had a negative effect on them as far as I'm concerned.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yup, the tv is on and they watch it or they dont depending on what they are up to.

They dont spend enough time sitting and staring at it to worry me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:31 PM on May. 11, 2010