How often do you take your child out and about?

like to playdates or play places?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lets see, I work outside of the house 5 days a week and each night I try to take him to the park or to the local play place we have or bike ride or walks or errands with me everywhere I go he comes. I don't have friends with kids so its usually like to the community center on teh weekends at the indoor playground and pool - I have my niece who is 10 come along with which my son LOVES !
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Every chance I get! I love watching my daughter play with other kids and it is good for her development. I would say on an average week we go out at least 3-4 times to places she will see other kids and get to play. We also go to Busch Gardens at least twice a month to see the animals and play there.

She is 13 months old.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• as often as i can! he loves to play with other kids and be at the park so we go there alot. i have no car so we take the bus which helps with school stuff like sitting down and being quit so to not distract the driver. but he loves the bus and the park. i am also getting him into preschool as well.he is 3yrs old!!
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 1:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• We do play dates twice a week, my 2 year old does gymnastics twice a week and my 4 year old has a baseball practice during the week and a game on Saturdays. We also go to the park 3/4 times a week, and go swimming at a local lake once a week. ( my sons are 2 and 4)
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 1:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I have two girls, 20 months and almost 3 years. When I was home with them full-time, we went out almost every morning and came home in time for lunch. Now I work a few days, but they are in nursery school, so I count that as an outing, and I take them somewhere the other days. Most weekend days the whole family gets out together each day. When the weather's nice, we often go to the park between the afternoon nap and dinner or even between dinner and bedtime.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Probably five days a week. My daughter goes to school (daycare) three days a week. On Saturdays we go to the zoo, library, museum or park and have ladies' lunch together. On Sunday we take the dogs for a long walk and sometimes go swimming at daddy's house, then to the grocery store. Sometimes on weeknights we go outside and blow bubbles with the neighbor girl from upstairs.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:11 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I am a SAHM...my daughter is 2.5 years old...we are out and about at least 4-5 times a week. We do playdates, park, beach, library, etc.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 6:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• All the time, in the summer we are gone to the beach, the public pool or amusement park or play dates practically every day! In the winter we go to the indoor play areas about once or twice a week, or have friends over.

dustinsmom1

Answer by dustinsmom1 at 6:25 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Well, my daughter is 8 and she is in school, dance 4X per week, and swimming lessons. Between that and homework she is very busy. We squeeze trips to the zoo, pool, mini golf, etc. when we can. I can't wait until summer! Lots more free time for fun :D
    Kylie819

Answer by Kylie819 at 6:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My son is 11 months. We go to story time at the public library every Thursday. I take him to the park or for walks at least 3 times a week, I'm trying to do that daily now that it's summer. And he goes with me for every errand that I have. So, he is out of the house daily.
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 6:53 PM on May. 11, 2010