Tummy Time

My daughter is 3 1/2 months old. It is very hard to keep her on her stomach during tummy time. She keeps rolling over, and I keep putting her back on her belly. Should I continue to do this, or just let her stay on her back after she rolls over? Thank you!!!

MPW2005

Asked by MPW2005 at 2:17 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If shes already rolling over she has accomplished tummy time! Give her award ma! lol
    The purpose of tummy time is to strengthen muscles for neck and head lifting and holding and to gain the practice and the ability to roll over. Now she will work on rollinmg over from her back to her tummy! Yay for you! I love baby milestones! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Let her do what she wants. Shes building the essential muscles that they get from tummy time from rolling over.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• If she's rolling, I'd not make a big issue of it. Put her down on her belly from time to time and let her go from there. make sure you have activities or some form of entertainment conducive to tummy time - something she can only do when she's laying on her stomach.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Let her do what she wants. I always started my baby on her belly and let her roll over. Sometimes she stayed on her belly for a short while and sometimes didn't
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:47 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thank You everyone!!! Sorry first time mom.
    MPW2005

Answer by MPW2005 at 3:05 PM on May. 11, 2010