could i have arthritus?

i am begining to think i might have it/always suspected i might have it because my hands (finger joints) ache when it rains but that never really bothered me... But now when the weather changes my knees and ankles ache. it goes away on its own without meds and i just now getting to the point where i avoid things (like the stairs) because the pain is a big enough deterent... but the thing is -- i will be 30 in september... isnt that too young to know if you have it? if you have it- or know someone who does, how old were they when they were dianosed, how is it diangosed, and what was the treatment plan?

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 2:20 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have it and i'm 27, i was diagnosed when i was 12 so i've been living with it for 15 years...i just now started treatment for it i take an anti-inflammitory with pain reliever in it twice a day, it helps...talk about it to your primary doctor and they wil do blood work to confirm it then they might refer you to a rheumatologist if you have rheumatiod arthritis like i do GL i know it sucks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I am 40 and have it since I was 3 yrs old...all you can do is go to the dr and he will do a blood workup. For relief try switching from a heating pad to an ice pack. The heat will relax the inflammation and the cold will reduce swelling. alternate every 10 to 20 minutes
    Anonymous

• well if she's like me, the ice will make it hurt worse...i feel more uncomfortable and hurt worse when i'm cold or if it is really humid
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2010