help! i can't poop

i'm 7 1/2 months pregnant, had no problems at all pooping during my entire pregnancy but as of the past few days i'm completely backed up. i've been eating high fiber foods and they're not helping, i've tried sitting on the toilet for up to a half hour and NOTHING. i'm so uncomfortable that i can't sleep. i need some relief, what will make me go w/o giving me horrible diarrhea or hurting my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• There is herbal tea called "smooth move" . Buy some and try that.

Answer by louise2 at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Colace was the only thing that helped me. It didn't give gas pains and was RELIEF!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:34 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Oh, and it's a stool softener NOT a laxitive
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Try a suppository
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 2:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• All I have to offer here is my sympathy. I went through that too with my last pregnancy and it is very uncomfortable.
    Doctor prescribed colace but I didn't take it (because I'm stubborn,lol...and I have worked in nursing homes and the thought of colace makes me ill,lol).
    You can try a 50/50 mixture of prune juice/apple juice...large container shaken well with ice and just drink that for the next few days. It works for my son! May be worth a try.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Drink a lot more fluid too. Lots of water will help it soften up, and yes, colace is safe to take.
    Anonymous

• can i get colace over the counter or to i need a prescription?
    Anonymous

• Metamucil. It's completely safe while pregnant and doesn't cause cramping like some of the others can. I had constipation troubles with my first pregnancy. I ate 3 prunes a day and drank 1 glass of metamucil.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Try Miralax.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 3:49 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Anal Sex. Seriously. It's uncomfortable and lets face it kinda gross but it stimulates you to go and the eh-hem, well, it lubricates.
    Anonymous