I feel like an awful mom right now, and I haven't even done anything wrong. Why all this guilt??

My 2 year old daughter didn't nap today, and when she doesn't nap she turns into a super-monster from hell.
I TRULY CANNOT stand my daughter when she has not napped.
I love every single piece of her normally, she is my whole world.
But today I have hated being near her - so many time outs, so many "STOP doing that"'s - and she has ignored me all day becuase when she doesn't nap she just doesn't CARE.
UHHHHHHGGG!!!

Please tell me you have days where you aren't *ecstatic* to be a mom????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that's one of the rules that are in fine print ***must feel guilty of something at all points in time***
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• aaawww....you are sooo not alone. This happened to me on mothers day :( but they are kids and they can be crappy esp when they are little and frustrated and can't express themselves.

Have you thought about going for a small car ride to try to calm her down and maybe she would take a cat nap and that might help.

I have days like that more than I probably should but its ok to feel that way, it really is. It took me a loooong time to realize that.

choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No need to feel guilty mom, these are the terrible twos!!!!! and they don't call them that for nothing!

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• You are NOT alone in the not "ecstatic" some days category. I love my kids with every ounce of my being BUT there are days I tell DH he might come home and find me on the roof hiding from them. ;) Every mom hits a wall from time to time. It happens. The good news is that just when you're ready to lock yourself in a bathroom and scream, she's going to do something so darn cute you're going to go all mushy again and re-set yourself.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:05 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Oh mommy.. don't feel bad.. I had a day like that last sunday.. everything was a battle and a fight and my son recently picked up hitting and kicking and his favorite word and answer to everything was NO that day.. by noon I had it with him.. but the next day was better... some days are just plain HARD and BAD.. we get through them the best we can wthout doing things we regret :) Just hang in there today mommy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:06 PM on May. 11, 2010