decorating kitchen ideas

we bought a house about 6 months ago and we painted the kitchen orange because i like it and its different... we are also doing an older theme like we have a huge picture of Marilyn Monroe on one of the walls and are getting more older pictures up... i have a ton of counter space and nothing to do with it... do you have any ideas? i have a few candles...and i may have a flower vase... i dont know im so confused

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:38 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Counter space is better when there is not a lot of clutter on top, but what about a bread box, cute recipe box.

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I like a few oversized glass containers for chex mix or other snacks and a silver scoop in it for the kids. Black wrought iron may go with your colors. Maybe a wine rack..I like to look at magazines and get ideas from them.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:43 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Do you have a Home Goods? They have great things. Take a look and see what you find.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i threw all my cooking utensils (spatula, whisk, wooden spoons, ect) into a glass beer pitcher and sat it on top of my counter, had 2 of them actually. i think it made me look like i do cooking shows like rachael ray.

you could do containers that are normally displayed out like the set that includes 3 of them, one for flour, one for sugar, and the other one i dont know what pple use the little one for lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Use the counter space for food preparation! I would love to have too much counter space. The irony of life!!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 9:57 AM on May. 12, 2010