Anyone have a cubic zirconia wedding set??

Unfortuantly we had to sell my wedding ring because of financial hardships but I have replaced my ring several times with cubic zirconia wedding ring sets. I wear the ring everyday and now matter what type of finish I get (rhodium, steerling silver, 18k gold) the ring ALWAYS tarnishes and leaves my fingure green by the end of the day. Do your rings do this? I am gettin really tired of replacing my ring every six months because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• What I do it just use clear finger nail polish on the band (inside and out) and just give it a new coat every week or two and I don't have to worry about it turning my finger anymore
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 2:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• well since you're replacing it so often, just save the money you'd use for the cheap rings so you can buy you a nice real one
    Anonymous

• Just don't wear one or wear it on a necklace. The CZ isn't making it tarnish. You are supposed to clean the bands. CZ has nothing to do with it. My real and CZ rings tarnish. It doesn't matter what stone is there or if there is one at all. Go to a jewelry store and buy some cleaner.  The only other way to make it stop is to not wear them all time.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• qvc has nice rings that looks real and you can return it if it breaks or turns your finger green. look into it
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 2:47 PM on May. 11, 2010

• OP here: Thanks ladies, I know it is not the CZ its the finish that is making it do this. I would not even wear one but my DH is presistant that I do. I am saving for a real one but the rate that is going it is going to take years for me to afford a nice ring.
    Anonymous

• For sterling silver, you can use tarnX. It is available in Home depot or safeway. Clean your ring with this and it will be shiny again. If it's 18k gold filled and not the gold plated type then it should not change it's color. It's supposed to stay the same with very low maintenance. probably have to clean it every year with a jewelry cleaner. Hope this helps.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:52 PM on May. 11, 2010

• As just taken a college chem class we learned that it's the nickel in the metal that you are having a reaction too. Most jewlery has this in it, just that cheaper stuff has more of it. If 10k gold is turning you, try 14k. You may have to go to 18k. If you take a 5cent nickel and rub it on your skin, you will see the black mark it made.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I will ONLY buy fake if it's 14k gold DIAMONIQUE brand from QVC.com. You can fake a stone, but not the gold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on May. 23, 2010