• In the Spotlight:

i posted earlier about my cats broken leg....have additional ?'s

i'm going to try to call my vet and get some pricing answers but they always try to talk me into going in to get answers to my questions and frankly i rather put the money towards recovery rather then an office visit but i just know they won't answer me so i was wondering does anyone know how much it would be to get my cats leg removed should he survive the surgery? i just talked with a rescue and they said they are full and can't take him in. she said it would be around $1300 is that true? my husband would never let me spend that much. i was wrong about his age he is closer to 13 cause my mothers dog was a puppy when logan was a kitten and she had papers with the dogs age. i just can't bring myself to put him to sleep but he fell down the stairs this morning and i know he must be in pain. i can't have my husband do it either. i was hoping a shelter would take him n take care of him whatever that would be and i wouldn't know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Pets

• PLEASE take him to the vet! Most vets will work with you on payment plans or you can apply for care credit at carecredit.com. Ask your vet if they take this.

Cost can vary depending the vet and what your cat is going to need to get his leg fixed. But yes, $1300+ easily.

See if there is a low cost clinic in your area. You can also apply for a grant from AAHA Helping Pets to help pay.
    r4str

Answer by r4str at 12:34 AM on May. 12, 2010

• take him to the vet, they should work with you on payments
    Anonymous

• op here-oh forgot to mention that he has a heart murmur probably cause of old age.
    Anonymous

• They can't assess what needs to be done (and therefore the cost) until they see the animal and see how bad it is. No one is trying to scam you. If you love the cat as much as you say, bring him in. They'll either repair his leg or put him down for you. And yes, it could easily be $1300 to fix the leg. Amputation would probably be at least as much, if not more. Whatever you do, do it soon. It sounds like the poor animal is suffering.
    Anonymous

• How is your kitty doing? Here is an org that helps pay for pet medical bills, if you qualify. http://www.help-a-pet.org/apply.html
    r4str

Answer by r4str at 4:20 PM on May. 13, 2010