Should I keep my baby?

I'll be 25 in a month. I think I'm about 6 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend and I pretty much live together and make a nice living. He recently finalized his divorce Oct. 09..we have been going out for over a year though. He owns his own business and says he is just now getting comfortable with life and isn't ready to change it with a baby. He knows it is my decision (final say) because it's my body. He said he will love and support me and the baby. However, he keeps saying I can't have a baby right now. If it were his decision he would have me get an abortion. He says he definetly wants to have babies with me, just not for 3-4 more years. I don't know what to do. Please help.

violakuso

Asked by violakuso at 2:46 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Keep your baby.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt do anything your going to regret. i dont know your beliefs on abortion, but i personally am not against abortion as long its the right decision. if you think that your going to regret getting an abortion, then you shouldnt get one. if you think your going to regret not getting an abortion, then get one. think long and hard about what it would be like for you two to have a baby, and what it would be like if you got an abortion and then figure out what you should do.
    whatever you do, dont give it up for adoption.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:51 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i wouldn't kill it for him, or anyone.....you and him both knew what would happen if you have sex... BABIES! take care of that sweet little life
    Anonymous

• whatever you do, dont give it up for adoption.

oh no, killing it is SO much better
    Anonymous

• i love my life and i would not change any thing that has happened in the lost two years i have two wonderful kids and i would not have thought i would be so happy, Do what you feel that you need to do. I wish you good luck and hope you keep it.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 2:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I say Keep the little one!!! I had a similar scenario as you do. After he sees the little one after she or he is here, he will change his mind completely!!! My little girl has her daddy wrappedaround her little finger! Congratulations, and tune him out when he starts talking about the baby being a burdon!!!
    Anonymous

• You are the only one who can make this decision. He's given his valid, honest opinion. Now the ball is in your court. Keep, abort, or adopt. If you intend to terminate as an option, then the sooner the better. If you don't want to abort then you have 2 other choices. No one can do this for you.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Only you can make this decision for yourself, if he wasnt ready for kids he shud have been more careful or practice abstainance
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Sometimes we only get one chance for such blessing, considering your economic situation right now that would not be a deterrant, yes kids do change your life forever, but what if this is your only chance at one? get rid of it because the timing is wrong seems to me to be a not so ideal reason to get rid of what God has given you.

Answer by older at 3:02 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Never make a decision like this based on anyone else's feelings but your own. Your boyfriend, us, your parents, nobody can make this choice for you. Do YOU want to keep this baby? Do YOU want to be a mother? These are questions that only you can answer for yourself. He has no right to tell you what to do with this child and I respect him for not pressuring you either way. Because when it comes down to it you're the only one that can decide whether you keep it or not.

I understand that he isn't ready to have a child and I very much can understand that. However, the situation is right now that you're pregnant. The time is now to decide are YOU ready to have this child? Whether he sticks around or not shouldn't ever be a factor in this. Whether he's ready or not shouldn't be a factor. You and this child are the only factor, because you are pregnant. What do YOU want?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:05 PM on May. 11, 2010