Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking off the car license plates and parking it near a isolate area and wait for the car to be towed by the city....Is this a way to dispose of an old car?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • a vin is located on the driver's side of the car by the windshield it can also be found on the doors of the car. It is a way to identify a vehicle. Every car has a unique vin. It has several letters and numbers. You should really scrap it or donate it. Some junk yards will even pay you cash for the steel, aluminum, etc. My husband made $150 off a car he took to the scrap yard.

    Answer by MPW2005 at 3:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • why dont you just donate it or scrap it?

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:50 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • The city will track you down by the vin number and will charge you for towing and then storing it. I agree with TMJ, donate it or sell it for scrap.

    Answer by Merjo at 2:52 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • If the car is that bad Put it on craigslist under the free section.

    Answer by MPW2005 at 2:52 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • They would send the registered owner the bill. I agree, donate it or scrap it. You can get a couple hundred bucks for scraping it. Some tech school that teaches auto mechanics or a charity would come take it for you

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:53 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Donate it, so that it can go to someone who really needs a car. There are people who really need a car to get to work who can't afford to buy one. By donating it you could be providing that car for someone, so they can in turn provide for their family.

    You could also sell it. Whether for scrap parts or for someone again who needs a car.


    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:54 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • It still has a VIN. Stupid idea, and you'll be charged by the city for towing and storing, which could amount to much more than it would have taken to dispose of it properly.

    Answer by DusterMommy at 2:54 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Give or sell it to a junk yard.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • It still has a VIN

    What's a VIN?

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • It's easy to donate and car and you get the tax write-off! I think it makes a town look run down to have crappy old cars sitting on the side of the road for weeks.

    Answer by mickstinator at 2:55 PM on May. 11, 2010