I don't think I was wrong?

So today I went to get my hair cut, eyebrows and nails done. I tipped everybody, but the nail person. While he, yes it was a guy, doing my nails he cut me with a tool. So I didn't leave him a tip. The owner of the place looked at me like I farted and she couldn't stand it any more. When she told me the price I said ok. Then she says is that all no tip. I told her "No, he cut me and didn't offer to clean it until I told him to!" I told her "your lucky I'm even going to pay for the service". I couldn't believe this crap....Oh well I'm never going there again.

yolandasix

Asked by yolandasix at 2:59 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Okay.. Yes he cut you. I'm sure you didn't bleed to death and I'm sure you're fine. I'm also sure that it was a total accident. Soooo.. He worked on you for what? 30 minutes? 45 minutes? and because of one mistake, he basically did that for free, because most of them don't make anything or alot an hour. That's not right either. You should have given him a small tip and then left and didn't have to go back. My finger got cut once and it hurt and bled a little bit but I didn't spaz out. Shit happens.
    Anonymous

• I know when it happened to me the lady who did it was working at the nail salon with her husband and she thought I was after her husband and when she saw my SO at the time now X she was sorry but she scratched up and cut my nails so bad some of them even after they got cleaned still became infected. I never went back hmmmm wonder why? lol

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:06 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Poor guy!
    Anonymous

• My sister works with Asian people and all they seem to care about is the money. I'm sorry. They need to understand that the word "TIP" means To Insure Proper service. I wouldnt have tipped either.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I wouldnt have tipped either.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't tip either and I wouldn't go back!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think you're a witch. Wow. One little mistake (are you sure you didn't twitch) and you act like he murdered you or something, and acted a priss in public. Grow up. You're not better than anyone, and I hope if you'd refused to pay, the owner would have called the cops on your stuck up self.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 3:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes, it was an accident but to me it turned into a "no tip" situation when he didn't offer to clean it or apologize. There is a huge difference if a server spills on you and apologizes and cleans it up (tip? yes!) and spills and walks away. Just my opinion though. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 4:02 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My sister works with Asian people and all they seem to care about is the money-

WHOA THERE! she didn't even hint that the guy was asian..and that's a pretty generalized statement. ironically, i've always used asian nail techs, and any of them have been gracious and unexpecting of a tip..most seem surprised! they work their arse off taking a million walk-ins every week..i've seen the ugly side of the manicurist table, and honey, it ain't usually the manicurists!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Ok here is my opinion: You are going in for a service and if they F-up it's your choice if you want to tip or not. You shouldn't feel obligated to tip. I would've done the same 100%. As for the owner she should've apologized and offered you a free eyebrow wax or something for next time. What kind of business would want to let a customer leave dissatisfied?!? I know I wouldn't if that was my nail salon. Your going to leave and tell potential customers not to go there because of your experience good or bad.
    busymom4-73

Answer by busymom4-73 at 11:45 PM on May. 11, 2010