I hate looking for a job!

I changed jobs and 3 months later found out I was pregnant with twins. So I stopped working at the beginning of my pregnancy and have been home with them. They are 9 months old. Meaning I have not worked in about a year and a half. Now everywhere I interview is like why did you only keep your last lob for only 3 months and nobody wants to hire me when I tell them I was pregnant with twins. Everyone says how are you going to go back to work with 9 month old twins. I am like how am I not going to go back to work, I have twins and they are expensive and would like some presents for there birthday. So what can I tell them why I left with out telling them I left because of my high risk pregnancy.

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 3:13 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think you can be honest about having left due to a high risk pregnancy but I wouldn't go into the fact that you have twins or anything. If it does come up, just say "I have lots of help at home, daycare is already sorted out.' That is all you need to say about having kids.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i agree with danielp... tell them why you had to leave.. i mean they can not hire you because if a child is sick they need someone at home.. but really some people thing also that once your a parent your a whore and you are gana pop kids out every 9 months..lol... assure them that you have help and you will be a great part of the company..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working at home? The pay at our company is good, we are always looking for new people to work 4-6 hours a week in their home offices or on the go. click here for an overview and interview.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:50 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I LOVE it! I am a stay at home Mommy to a 2 ½ year old and 1 year old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website
    http://www.OurCEOMom.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I can relate. i am also looking for a job and have not worked in 2 years! I think thats my issue to because since having kids my work record is kinda short and choppy! I had 2 kids 16mos part then a 3rd in 2008 and I am a CNA so its not an easy job when pregnant. Well so now my youngest is 2 and I had to quit school for sitter issues and I need a JOB. I am tired of looking and I am use to be busy with school Ft for the last yr and I am so tired of looking at my walls!
    Anonymous

• SAHMs have lots of skills that employers value: logistic, budgeting, time management, etc. You need to learn how to explain to a potential employer how your skills will help solve their "pain points"

Do you have an updated Linkedin profile? What kind of networking events are you attending? How have you structured your job search? Are you sending cover letters that reflect your knowledge of the company? I do career and job search coaching; send me a message offlist if you have any questions. There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I understand how hard it is to look for a job of any kind and when you need income right away it makes it all the more frustrating.

Have you looking into working from home? It is very rewarding and with the right business can also help you personally and not just with money.

Feel free to PM me for more info. I would love to share the free info with you to give you more options.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:39 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I hope you do find a job soon. There are some ways to make extra money while you look, that dont involve selling or buying anything. I know you're desperate but don't get sucked into some scam that's asking for money, no matter what. There's a list of free work at home jobs that I have used at Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:23 AM on May. 13, 2010

• If you can't find a job that will hire you then you need to work at home.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 2:00 PM on May. 13, 2010