What was one of your funny "mommy blunders" you have committed?

For me, it was when I was a new mom. My son was 6 months old. He was pretty constipated. So the first thing that comes to my mind was prune juice, of course.
So I go to the store and buy a big bottle of full stregnth adult prune juice. I fill up a bottle with 8 ounces of straight prune juice. LOL. The moment he finished the bottle I had thought..."uh-oh..why didn't I dilute that with water?" LMBO!! That poor baby was pooping constantly for about 3 days straight! Well, at least he was no longer constipated but then I worried about dehydration, LOL. Poor kid. up till that point I had never even given him baby applejuice without diluting it with water,lol. Needless to say, I had never done that again but it is a funny blunder of mine I always remember, laugh about and kick myself for,LOL

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son was like 6 months old and I was breastfeeding him still. He was in our bed one night when we fell asleep. Well our dog also slept in our bed occasionally. Well that night I though the dog was messing with my feet so I went to push her off the bed with my feet and it was my son. Our bed was low to the ground so he was ok but I still felt like crap.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:02 AM on May. 12, 2010

• a newbie myself, I was so overwhelmed and exhausted one morning, I poured orange juice into my bowl of cereal. not quite a mommy blunder, but back when I was new to a playgroup, I kinda just sat around because I was shy. My son was 3 months old, the other kids were toddlers and the moms all new each other. I picked up my son after a while and he pooped so loud and hard i had to change his clothes. Everyone got quiet and we all started laughing. My son pretty much broke the ice lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

• When my son was about 10 months old, I suddenly realized that I had left my new box of diapers in my hubby's car and of course he'd left for work already. I didn't have a car at the time, so after scouring the house for a hidden diaper, I found his old burp rags that were those unfolded cloth diapers. I had no idea how to fold it or use it, but I smacked it on my son. That thing did NOT hold up. It was like wrapping him in a paper towel. It would have been more effective to put my son in the bathtub all day! I was so glad when he came home and I could use NORMAL diapers!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I put my son in the back of the car he was in the infant carrier thing. My knee went on top the keys and locked the doors. Made sure he was snapped in grabbed the keys and got out. I try to open the door it's locked so I start freaking out. Then go oh I got the keys and start hitting the lock button on the keyring and I'm crying I'm a horrible mother I locked my kid in the car. The horn is beeping everytime i hit the button and everything. Finally the post man walked by and said I think you might wanna try that button. Then it hit me. Oh oops. I opened the car and climbed in laughing and crying all at the same time. He was like two weeks old.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 3:56 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I tripped going down the hall with my then 7 month old. We bounced off a wall and I twisted so we wouldn't hit the bookshelf. We knocked the thermostat box off the wall, And I'm thinking it was my babys head that hit it. We RUSH to the pediatrician, who says if he hit his head, take him to the ER. We rush to the ER. They say he's fine, no sign he hit anything. Then they ask me if I want stitches. I had apparently caught my shoulder on something (maybe the thermostat box) and needed 4 stitches to close up the tear in my arm. Now whenever I say one of the kids is hurt, my hubby asks if I'm alright.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 4:12 PM on May. 11, 2010

• StefInfection

That's because the diapers you were using are meant to be used with covers. (in case you didn't know). Had you had waterproof diaper covers, you'd have been set.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My son was about seven months old and I had taken him to the park one morning to slide down the slide with me (more because I was really bored then anything else) well it was our last trip down the slide and something happened as I was sliding down and we just shot off the end of the slide luckily I had the good sense to tuck around my son in a ball and roll. so I looked like a hot mess and was cut up and bruised but he was fine not a hair out of place in fact he thought it was funny.
    Anonymous

• my car has auto lock & I left my keys in the car.. it locked my child inside.. I was going to get the mail my not even 2 yr knew mom normally has the door closed so she shut it locking herself inside..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 7:18 PM on May. 11, 2010

• im a first time mom. my baby girl is about three months now. about two weeks after she was born my husband and i were try to pack up the apartment so we can move in with his parents. going from virginia to north carolina which takes 45 minutes to an hour.i was so sore after having stitches from birthing her, trying to breastfeed, and weak. i shouldnt have been doing much of anything, but we all know how that goes. i couldnt get anything done, the baby needed me constantly, which was stressing me. we spent five hours and i got one box packed. after we left and headed back to north carolina, my baby was really hungry so we stopped at a grocery store parking lot to feed her. the front seat was down so there was more room to feed her. and then she needed a diaper changed, in the middle of the change, she poops all over my hand. and we were late for dinner. i cried the whole way home feeling like a horrible mom and unhelpful wife.
    elizabugsmommy

Answer by elizabugsmommy at 9:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My daughter had been having irritated skin "down there". The pediatrician told me to put Gyne-Lotrimin on her a couple times a day. I wasn't paying attention one morning, and I grabbed Preparation H and put it on her. Poor baby! She was fine and I got it wiped off, but it kind of stung. I have been much more careful after that.
    Anonymous