Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Career Step

I would like to go back to school and I'm trying to apply on FAFSA to get a grant. I'm interested in enrolling with Career Step for Medical Transcriptionist, but I need the Federal id school code to apply on FAFSA and don't know where to get it. Was wondering if any of you moms might know it and or currently enrolled with Career Step and can help me. I tried searching on FAFSA for the school but doesn't find it. Will appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on May. 11, 2010 in

Answers (4)
  • google it, or call the school and ask for the financial aid department. they'll know what it is :) great that your going back to school! Good luck! xoxox

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • I'm doing MT through Career Step who is partnered with the community college where I live. Financial Aid was not available for the program since it is brand new at the school and has not gone through the channels. All that we could do was either pay for the course ourselves or apply for a loan. If they are partnered with a school in your area, I'd suggest calling them.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • How are the job opportunities in your area? Contact local hiring managers and make sure that your planned degree is acceptable.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Anon 27 here - Career Step will help you find employment if you graduate with at least a 95%. MT is not usually done in an office or even a hospital. You probably could but it's not typical. Most of it is done online now anyway and not local.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on May. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.