4 year old just watched porn!

i got a new laptop a few days ago. I still have my old one. DS is allowed on my old comp b/c he knows how to get to his websites (starfall.com), plus it has the blocking/parental control.

he asked if he could get on the computer, adn i said that it was fine. he went to my new computer- which has no blocking or anything! No idea how he got to a porn site (i was in the room next to him, putting clothes in the washer) but he got there!

now, he is talking about how the boy had his hands on the girls butt. and the girl had the thing in her mouth and that's yucky, etc.

what do i do?! how do i talk to him about it? i've already put in the parental blocks and everything. i also dont want him going to daycare talking about what he seen- or worse, attempting to do what he seen!

please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• sorry- this was supposed to be in the 3-4 year old section.
    Anonymous

• uummmmmmmmm bump
    Anonymous

• I would just say yes that is yucky and try to drop it but he is going to bring it up I bet.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think it's time for the talk....
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2010

• The attention span of a child that young is short. I agree with ria7, just agree that it's yucky and let it go. I wouldn't add a lot of explanation to it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think it's time for the talk....

I think not!

Anonymous

• i So do not want to have the talk with him! i mean, he really hasnt even seen people kissing! i've been single since his dad (before he was born), we live alone, daycares dont show that type of behavior. how would i even talk to him about this? :-( i feel so shitty! i ripped my child's innocence away all b/c of a stupid computer! ugh. i wish i could throw it against the wall and erase any memories!
    Anonymous

• He will probably forget..donthave the talk with him right now just try not to say much about it and hope forgets soon. im sure this once wont affect him but it will just embarras you if he says it in public. Just draw his attention to something else when he talks about it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i agree he will most likely forget about it before to long... you could always try going out and doing something really fun or attention grabing for him.....that way all he will want to talk about is the fun time he had and he'll forget about the computer.. lol worth a try.

if not im sure he will forget about it soon anyways.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• could you ask him to forget what he saw and just say sometimes people do yuky stuff that they shouldn't do like when he does bad things.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:32 PM on May. 11, 2010