4 year old watched porn

i got a new laptop a few days ago. I still have my old one. DS is allowed on my old comp b/c he knows how to get to his websites (starfall.com), plus it has the blocking/parental control.

he asked if he could get on the computer, adn i said that it was fine. he went to my new computer- which has no blocking or anything! No idea how he got to a porn site (i was in the room next to him, putting clothes in the washer) but he got there!

now, he is talking about how the boy had his hands on the girls butt. and the girl had the thing in her mouth and that's yucky, etc.

what do i do?! how do i talk to him about it? i've already put in the parental blocks and everything. i also dont want him going to daycare talking about what he seen- or worse, attempting to do what he seen!

please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sounds like someone else was looking at porn and it was in your history. I doubt your 4 year old typed in www.pornsite.com...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Just have a talk with him. Be honest and explain why it's not a good site. Why he shouldn't talk about things like that. Obviously you're going to do the other precautions as far as your computer goes. : )

Also explain to the daycare hey this happened, if my son talks about this at daycare can you please remind him it's not an appropriate subject.

You're not bad. Imagine how many kids walk in on parent's doing the deed etc. It'll happen sooner or later his being exposed to this part of human nature. So the best you really can do is explain it as age appropriately as possible.

Good luck. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• peanutsmommy.

That's very possible... and if it were true that someone had porn in the history. Does that really matter? It's a computer that belongs to an adult. If they want to look at porn go for it.

This anon. poster will most likely take precautions to prevent future happenings. Is that the best reply you have... "someone must have looked up porn before on that computer" possible and what?
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2010

• nope, it doesn't matter, I don't give a rats ass if an adult looks at porn. I was responding to the "no idea how he got to a porn site"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• i really have no idea. i cant find anything in the URL part (where you write www.cafemom.com or whatever) and there's my usual sites (myspace, FB, CM and my school's site) and nothing else. when you first open the internet page/browser thing, it goes to google.

what he usually does, is go to the URL area, click that and scroll down until he sees the "S" for his site.

but i will be the first to admit, that i am REALLY stupid when it comes to computers/technology. i was waiting for my sister (the computer savvy one) to "fix" the computer- put in microsoft, etc as well as parental blocks, but i ended up just taking it to my school for them to do it.

DS hasnt even really seen anyone in any type of sexual contact, including kissing! :-(
    Anonymous

• Ok.. you're going to have to talk to him about privates and why they are called private and he is not to touch anyone there and no one is to touch him there. My kids know that they have privates parts that no one can touch and they are not to touch anyone elses. Sad world but I kept it at their level but they got a talk. If you explain it right you should not have any issues. If there is a mom that wants to be high and mighty believe there is nothing that they can do for you. They have made a mistake before in parenting rather big or small so they can't judge. Just learn from this and talk to him and you all should be fine. Now this is not a matter to just blow over, it is serious but it will be ok. :-) We are parents and well as humans I promise this is not your last mistake but just learn from it..
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 4:32 PM on May. 11, 2010