Am I doing the right thing?

My MIL is very rude, disrespectful, and verbally abusive to me and my hubby. She texts us non stop about being self rightious snobs and that we need to be kind to her and my SIL. Here is my view on it...

My main concern in life is my hubby, children and home. She and SIL are adults that have made poor decisions and have little self respect. They have the idea that the world owes them and we are bellow them. Well I am not going to put up with it anymore. I am done! My son amd I will not be any where near them!

Is this a mean way to react to family? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I would demand respect too. I think you are right.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2010

• You do have to set boundaries and limits with people. I think the way to go is to say that you will not tolerate certain things, and if they happen then you leave, simple as that. No drama, no discussion. Just stick to your decisions.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I would tell her that until she can show some respect to me and my husband that there is no room for her in my life.. Then I would block her number from my phone.. But you need to make sure your husband will back you 100%
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 4:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thanks that is the really good advise! Thank you!
    Anonymous

• I do not speak to my mom because she is nasty and it hurts everyones feelings. Let them go if it hurts you and your family let them go. Its hard to deal with people who are ugly and mean to you and even when they are family. Let them go.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:43 PM on May. 11, 2010