Do you answer your door when you're home alone?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 3:36 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't like asnwering the phone ever....I like to screen them and call people back.
    Likewise with the door, I check to see who it is but only open if I want to talk to you...and never if it's someone I don't know.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I always look out the window to see who it is first. If it's a man I don't recognize - no, I don't.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Wow, I thought I was alone. Thanks, ladies!

I will answer if I look out and know them but this world is a crazy place and I'm not going to put myself and my kids in that position.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Normaly if I do not know who is at the door (I look out the peak hole) I do not answer it. Even when my DH is home.

Answer by louise2 at 3:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No. I'm a worry wart on that.

i once was expecting my sis to come over. She rings my bell over and over and over and over again in a row. So that happened at my door. My son goes running to look out the mail slot. I quickly grabbed him thinking why am I grabbing him it's crystal at the door. Then I was starting to unlock the door, and stopped. I didn't know why but I stopped. I looked out the top of my door and there was this HUGE man standing there facing away from the door watching the street. I snuck back to the front room and called the police to be safe.

Guess there was a recent string of home invasions in my neighborhood. So I was DAMN lucky that something struck me not to answer that door. I to this day cannot explain why I didn't answer the door. I was literally positive it was my sister on the other side until I looked.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• yes. i cant act like a scared 10 year old child forever. if its someone i dont wanna talk to i just keep giving them the "im not interested" even if it is the johovah's witnesses, they like to walk all over me..maybe its just me, maybe im too easy to get through to,i dont know but i learned if you keep giving them negative feedback, they wont go on and on forever.

if it looks like a weirdo from timbuck two...then no i wont answer it. ill keep my phone in my hand till he goes away
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I hate to think about what could have happened had I answered the door that day. : (
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It's just so easy for someone to look nice and friendly and simply stick their foot in your door to get in. Plus, I can't say I've ever answered the door to someone I didn't know and been glad I did. They're always trying to sell something whether it be magazines or religion.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No and I won't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.
    Anonymous

• Skeptic,

Isn't intuition a wonderful thing??? I don't even like to think what could have happened either. It's a shame more people don't listen to their gut, you know? I've stepped off an elevator before just because of a feeling. So what, I inconvenienced myself 2 minutes for someone that may have been a decent guy (and by the way it had NOTHING to do with what he looked like which was a clean cut nice looking guy).
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 3:47 PM on May. 11, 2010