Reproductive Cancer????

My mom just got a transvaginal ultrasound performed today and the Dr is a little concerned because the endometrial strip measured a 6. She is 51 years old and her symptoms were that she didn't have her period for 8 months and now is getting it again. The Dr wants to do a biopsy asap. My other worry is because she hasn't seen the gyno in 4 years (if I were aware of this I would have dragged her to the office 3 years ago - so angry she hasn't gone since then). Has anyone dealt w/ a situation like this and what were the results - cancer? and what type if so? or perfectly fine??? :'( Sorry I'm just worried until the biopsy results come in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• The only real answer to this is the biopsy.
    Does any cancer run in the family? I had a hysterectomy at 48, my periods were ALWAYS irregular, I had "dysplasia" on the biopsy after a "bad" pap smear and I had an aunt who passed of a rare uterine cancer. I didn't want to hang around and find out if it would turn cancerous.
    I'll say a little prayer for your mom. Good for her that she went in NOW to get checked! Give her props for that!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thank you for your prayer...she goes for her biopsy tomorrow.
    Lori43bg

Answer by Lori43bg at 11:37 PM on May. 17, 2010