My 3, almost 4 year old is pinching, hitting and pulling on my 4 month old. We have tried time out, taking his toys and putting him in his room and he still countines to do it. I never had to deal with this with my 2 older kids and I don't know what to do anymore.

AnnaRyan

Asked by AnnaRyan at 5:05 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• this may sound bad but it worked for my son... Whatever he has done to the baby do right back to him! so he can see how it feels what he is doing.. It worked great for us!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Have you tried letting him "help" with the baby?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:52 AM on May. 12, 2010

• Have you talked to him about why it's not nice to do that? What I would do is tell him that he cannot hit his sister for any reason because he is not the parent. If he's angered by her then he should come to you or daddy and you will handle the situation. If he doesn't then he goes to timeout a few times and if he's still at it yes you need to spank him and then not let him around the baby again. They know better and need to be stopped. If you see him getting frustrated with the baby then try telling him to do something else away from the baby and hopefully that will help.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:26 PM on May. 12, 2010

• @makelineerror We have tried to get him to help with the baby but he wont.
    AnnaRyan

Answer by AnnaRyan at 8:08 PM on May. 12, 2010

• @SylviaNCali I forgot to mention in the question they we have tried spanking him but he goes and does it again.
    AnnaRyan

Answer by AnnaRyan at 8:11 PM on May. 12, 2010