How does wearing a shirt with the American flag IN AMERICA hurt someone or cheapen the flag?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ESCUSE ME but how does one (other than a KKK or defiant jack ass group of blatant discrimination idiots) USE A FLAG TO STIR AND SPREAD HATE? How was this used as a weapon to hurt and insult. The American FLAG should never be an insult period. In fact I cannot think of one instance in which our flag would be an insult...or used to hurt...especially if flown on AMERICAN SOIL.

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Theres only problems if the shirt is MADE from the American Flag.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:11 PM on May. 11, 2010

• http://quipster.wordpress.com/2009/01/18/defacing-the-american-flag/

Read that.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:13 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I love my American flag shirt.
    It was made in China. :(
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 5:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I totally think it depends on how the flag is displayed and on what clothing it is displayed. The kids in Morgan Hill, one was wearing what looked like Boxers, as shorts-this garment was covered in tiny flags-maybe appropriate for lounging at home, but as school clothing, not so much. The shirt was a nice white shirt with a flag in the center-very tasteful. How is rolling up a flag bandanna and placing it on one's head considered respectful or patriotic? From a distance, the flag is not even apparent.

Is plastering a flag across your arse and going to the mall in good taste? IMO, no- Different strokes.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It doesn't.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Either I don't understand the question or I am daft...did someone say it did?

I don't personally feel that it does either of those. I do agree with Armywife.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• A shirt with the American flag on it is not offensive.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Its only offensive to wear an American Shirt flag (in America) in front of Mexicans on a Mexican holiday.
    Anonymous

• Meh not at all.I feel anyone who is offended by the American flag in America no less...needs to get over it or get out of here.There is no reason to be offended by the American flag.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:48 PM on May. 11, 2010