she's almost 2 ...... i am always blue :(( .......

oh god my daughter has tantrums almost every day... other times she's an angel... isn't there something in between all the time?? can't she just be calm most the time?? she's either an angel or a terrible child:((( throwing things,kicking slaping me on the face and screaming all the time... i even still use a pacifier when she's having a tantrum

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 5:19 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd is also a sweet little girl one min and then this crazy little thing the next. She was hitting, which I do not tollerate, she get's timeouts or I put her down away from where me and the other kids are tell her a firm, no hitting and continue on with whatever I was doing. When she is having fits I just walk away from her. This is difficult when she does this walking back from the park when I have other kids with me also. I have been know to pick her up, put her under my arm so I'm not cuddling her, no rewards for poor behaviour. Once we are home I will sit her down and continue on with the other kids. We were out for a walk one day and she threw a fit. I was able to sit down on the grass with the other kids, we talked and goofed. When she was done she came over and said sorry and got a snuggle.
    Try getting her out for a walk every day or to the park where she can interact with other children.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:42 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Read "Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves" it might help.
    Anonymous

• Umm, all I have to say is, rewarding her with a pacifier when she's having a tantrum is NOT the way to go about things.
    Anonymous

• Does she get any sort of punishment for kicking, screaming & hitting you? Especially the hitting! If she's almost 2, then she's close to the time out age (or at it). DS is only 2 & if he hits me, he gets 1 warning & if he does it again, he goes in time out for 2 minutes. It does help. And consistency is key!!!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:47 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Take her on walks everyday. It'll benefit the both of you.
    Anonymous

• I have just started sending my 23 mo to her room when she goes into meltdown mode. If she comes out still screaming I send her back and tell her to come out when she has calmed down. It usually takes a few minutes but she is getting the hang of it. I would make sure that you find a form of punishment to use for the hitting, kicking and screaming so that she knows that it is unacceptable behavior. You have to stick with that form for a few day to a few weeks to decide whether it is going to work. I wish you luck and we hare having the terrible and angel days as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:31 PM on May. 11, 2010