I just feel like my child was never wanted! :o(

Yes I know my child was unplanned by my ex and I! Yes I know he and I only lasted until my child was 3 months. Yes I know he is married to the woman he was with before me and they have this happy little marriage! They have their happy little daughter and life together. We moved, and Ex didn't even care, he said leave! Didn't even fight to have my son around. I wanted to move and I got my way but I thought that maybe my son's father would care a little. We called last night to wish my son's father Happy Birthday, he talked to my son for a whole two minutes and said he had to go because he was busy. Sounded like a party in the back ground. I knew he never wanted me, he got stuck with me so I let him go. He got the wife he wanted and the life he wanted. So why can't he just give my son a little inch and a tiny bit of attention once in a while? He just didn't really want him either did he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• If he is acting like that, then don't put your son through the disappointment. Don't bother with him. Your son will just be let down again and again, and he will feel horrible about himself. Don't put him through that. It will only hurt you both in the long run. Just let him go, and don't contact him. He doesn't care about you and your son, why bother caring about him?
    Anonymous

• Oh wow I can see your pain I think you need to just move on . I dont say that to be mean but your kiddo will pick up on your sense of loss . YOU wanted him and you still do . That is what he needs . Dry your tears Mama and move on with a postive attitude . YOU have a bright future ahead and so does your lil one (((HUGS))))
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 5:36 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Only he knows the answer to that. He may not be capable of giving your son the attention and love that he needs and deserves. you been doing just fine on your own why have some one in your life that does not want to be there? do what you have to do and take acre of your son the best you can his dad will eventually realize he F'd up and that will be his loss.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:36 PM on May. 11, 2010

• ure saying when u guys were having an affair and when u conceived , he was a ''happily'' married man at that time?? is that correct ?
    Anonymous

• anon, I think he is married to the woman he dated before he dated her. She is not saying she was a mistress.

I'm sorry for your pain. At least your special boy is precious to you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• That's not what it sounds like to me anon :36
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Don't do this to your son. I know YOU are clearly hurting but if his father is really out of his life and let you guys go and doesn't make an effort to be a good father, dont' call and make your son feel MORE unwanted by making attempts.. get this over and done with and talk to him about how much he wants to or doesn't want to be a part of his son's life and figure this out as adults. if you dont, this will tear your son up forever..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Anon you worrying bout the wrong thing...
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• hey i was confused !! im not accusing her or anything.. was confused so thats y asked her to make sure if i was getting it correct. anyways OP i feel sorry for u .. hope everything works out for ure son;s sake
    Anonymous

• It sounds like it's time to let him go, enjoy you're son and make a life of just you and him!!! He's you're true joy anyways and can make you happier than that man ever could. If his dad doesn't want to be around his own son, it's his loss! Teach your son to enjoy life and move on from this. If he can't appreciate at least his son; there is no reason to keep him in the loop!!!
    It's very sad, I'm not saying it isn't!!! This happened to my DH. His mother took him away from his sperm donor and gave him a much better life! He did meet his bio dad later but nothing had changed so it was never a loss!!!
    Anonymous