Would you call CPS?

If you knew of parents that were giving all four of their children (4,7,9, and 10) alcohol at the parties that they host, would you call CPS?
Oh and the children brag about taking jello shots and the 4yo was given a strawberry daiquiri.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ummm.... yeah! I would!
    Anonymous

• It may depend on where you live but here parents CAN give their children alcohol.
    Anonymous

• i would are they crazy!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• the children brag about taking jello shots and the 4yo was given a strawberry daiquiri.

are you for-sure that they aren't non-alcohol drinks and jello? My parents used to order me "shirly temples" at resturants and I thought, and told people I was drinking a "coctail" with my parents. I didn't know the difference.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• mayb they were virgin daiquiri's and virgin jello shots my cousin used to make em for us when she had parties...
    Anonymous

• I think there are way too many CPS posts here and not any real good reasons........mind your own business.
    Anonymous

• I am positive they were not virgin drinks. The parents told us so and thought it was funny. The shots were mixed some with tequila and some with vodka. They kept saying ho "proud" they were of their 9yo not throwing up.
    Anonymous

If that is true, call CPS.
    Anonymous

• Um yea, if I was in this position I probably would, just to throw it out there to somebody. It's anonymous when you call and atleast they would have a heads up on these people in the event that they get more calls in the future (which it sounds like they probably will!)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yes I would. There was a story awhile back of a child dying from alcohol poisoning because the parents were giving him/her alcohol. You have no idea how much a little body can handle! Not to mention, liver damage, etc. It is child neglect or child endangerment at the least. Yes CPS needs to be called. If they are "bragging" about their little kids drinking alcohol, who else knows what could be going on.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:18 PM on May. 11, 2010