Got pet hair to spare?

see article below, please this is the best thing they got going for that oil spill in the gulf

ccmj

Asked by ccmj at 6:20 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Pets

• GULF OIL SPILL - HOW EVERYONE CAN HELP

Together we are now orchestrating an INTERNATIONAL NATURAL FIBER RECYCLING MOVEMENT! We all get it. We shampoo because hair collects oil.

Why use oil based products to clean up oil spills?

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO DONATE NYLONS & HAIR / FUR / WOOL...

A delivery address will be emailed to you. We're not posting addresses on the web, we're orchestrating how much goes in WAVES due to the unprecedented surge of donors signing up every hour! All along the Gulf Coast new Harbor Depots signing up all over the US and in Canada, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Turkey...! It's an international community phenomenon!

When millions of pounds of absorbant, natural, renewable fiber goes to waste every day? Anyone and Everyone: salons, groomers, wool farmers, individuals can sign up to donate hair and fur clippings and nylons for our Oil Spill Booms. Our Excess Access program SIGN UP is FREE,
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 6:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Hundreds of thousands of pounds of hair and nylons are coming in now by UPS, FED EX, USPS (we're getting our own zip codes now) as well as donated trucking, from every State in the US and from Canada, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Brazil..! Everyone wants to make this happen! Booms are being made all along the Gulf Coast. And harbors Internationally are emailing us about how to set up collection and storage for the 2,600 smaller spills every year!

http://www.matteroftrust.org/

ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 6:23 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I am house sitting 6 dogs - 2 are huskies and I will GLADLY give all their hair no problem!!! They shed sooooooo bad!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I have a Shih Tzu that I was about to groom, lol. I could definitely contribute! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:30 PM on May. 11, 2010

• That's cool, but I have a Doberman and a Beagle/Basset mix... not much hair around here (thank goodness!)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:48 PM on May. 11, 2010