What would you do if your DH busted up his guitar after an argument with you?

We rarely fight. But I was PMSing and feeling let down over a disappointing mother's day. I was bawling and complaining about feeling neglected. I think he was mad at me and mad at himself. He said it all made him feel dried up and he wasn't going to do music anymore (he's written in the past, but had a hard time being creative lately). I spent the rest of the day pushing the stroller around town. We worked it out when I got home, but this morning I found the guitar.... I feel sick. I'll look into getting it repaired or getting him a new one. I don't know whether to try to talk about it or not....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Real intimacy means talking things through, so I see nothing wrong with talking to him about it. If you can help him get it fixed, I think that would be nice. You want him to continue writing and enjoy his music....treat him the way you would want him to treat you. Yes, it was his own fault but you can still be supportive.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Don't repair it. He's the one who decided to ruin it, not you. Maybe you were wrong and started the argument, but that doesn't excuse his behavior. I've never understood why people destroy their things when angry...that would only make me more angry afterwards, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I would laugh and shake my head while thinking "what a dumbass". Your feelings of being neglected and whatnot are fleeting, doing real damage to an inanimate object is HIS fault.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• He's a grown ass man! Don't repair it. He is a dumb ass
    Anonymous

• I'd feel like I married an immature idiot. Only a child (with issues) throwing a temper tantrum would smash their own things! My husband owns many expensive guitars and he'd never smash one no matter how piss he was, he'd probably just walk away or go for a drive. And if he ever did smash something I couldn't believe he'd be dumb enough to smash one of his own expenisve things.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• HE MIGHT FEEL BAD ABOUT MOTHER'S DAY , BUT DOES NOT EXCUSE HIM AT ALL. I THINK HE COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING NICE FOR YOU. I WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY HURT. THE ONE I FEEL BAD IS FOR YOU. YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL BAD FOR HIM. HERE IS A HUG FROM ME TO YOU!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Wow. Well, if he wants to destroy his own things, then let him have his little tantrum.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 10:26 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I would tell him that he wasn't getting a new one to replace it because that was a wast of money to trash it like that!

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 10:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• honestly i would laugh hahaha
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:21 AM on May. 12, 2010

• honestly i would laugh hahaha
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:24 AM on May. 12, 2010