What is up with girl's shorts?

Went to buy DD new denim shorts for both summer break and for her to wear to school now. I found three lengths in Little girls size 8. I found Mid calf length, Knee length , and super short Daisy dukes! There was nothing between the knee length and booty-hanging-out length!

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 6:35 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• You actually managed to find knee-length??? I'm shocked! I don't get it either. It's wrong because it's just sexualizing our little girls even more.
    Anonymous

• You actually managed to find knee-length???

Yes!! Got two pairs at JC Penny. They were denim 5 pocket and only about $12 a pair.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

• That's why my girls are only allowed to wear shorts at home. They get capris or bermuda-style shorts for school. It's crazy but they have a couple of skirts (with built in shorts) that are longer than some of their shorts!
    Anonymous

• i know i have an 11year and finding clothes for her are so hard.......her legs are already long and finding decent skirts and shorts are so hard everything now is so hoochiecoochie
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:23 AM on May. 12, 2010

• I have the same problem with Kiwi. She's only 5, but tall. A size 6 fits her belly perfect (for now anyway) but dresses, skirts, and shorts are all way too short. I just buy a size 7/8 with the adjustable waist thing inside, pull the inside elastic to fit her belly, and she's good to go. Also, size 6 capris, made to fall just below the knee make good just above the knee shorts. I've also seen some longer shorts at K-Mart. Some of her size 6 dresses have gotten so short for her, they have been moved from dress drawer to shirt drawer. Every time I go shopping for her, I am reminded of a book, "Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like A Skank" by Celia Rivenbark. Hilarious!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:46 PM on May. 12, 2010