Religously, Is it wrong for a husband and wife to have seperate bank accounts?

I am a fan of gotquestions.org on facebook. I just saw that they posted a link about this questions. Just curious as to what other people think.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 6:36 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well when a man and woman are joined they become one. If there is no trust there, I do not know how there could be any relationship. Do I think it is wrong? I am not the judge, but I do see how it can cause problems in relationship if they continue this way. JMHO. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• It isn't religiously wrong.
    Anonymous

• http://www.gotquestions.org/separate-bank-accounts.html
    Here is the link it gave.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think its a matter of personal preference.... but in my case I had joint and HE upped and transferred the money to another account leaving me with no access.. divorce does funny things to people doesn't it?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Nope. I have yet to come across a religion that requires you to have a join account...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:54 PM on May. 11, 2010

• bank accounts and God, I just don't see the correlation here..........

Answer by older at 7:28 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't think it really matters who's name is on the account as long as all the money goes to the church.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• beeky, I don't think it really matters who's name is on the account as long as all the money goes to the church.

The water I was drinking came out my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on May. 11, 2010

• depends on how you translate the action of having a joint account vs separate I guess. Some people might be extreme enough to consider than a form of adultery. Obviously it's not sexual. But it's a financial separation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

• beeky.. real nice... just as long as you are referring to SOME churches... not all churches BEG for your money!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:15 PM on May. 11, 2010