Did you put cereal in your infant's bottle?

I didn't but my friend just told me today that she does with her son he is 6 weeks old. Did you? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO I have 3 kids and never ecer did this. Well its not necessary unless medically required and the doctor tells you to do this. It causes them to over eat and mostly its the convenice of the parents. My mom actually did it with me because she said I woke too much....
    Anonymous

• NO! It's a very BAD idea because it can lead to choking and aspiration that can cause lung infections. It can hurt their tummies and cause digestive issues because their tummies are NOT designed to handle anything like that. Their systems are very delicate. It's a myth that it helps them sleep through the night because it can actually cause more gas and constipation which makes them sleep LESS because they don't feel good.
    Anonymous

• no way. it is simply to have to feed them less often. if they are eating more they need the nutrients from the milk.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Nope, never! It causes to many health issues to risk! Plus, I BFed for the most part...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

• hell NO...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:56 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Yep, I do it. I also use a commercial thickener in DD'sbottles (haberman feeder  actually). I was told to do it. She has a full bilateral cleft palate and plain formula comes straight out of her nose! I also add Karo syrup for constipation and to add calories to her formula in hopes it will help her gain weight. All of this is under the supervision of the nutritionist at the local Children's hospital.

Anonymous

• I didn't put it IN the bottle but made it very thin and spoon fed it like my doctor told me to. That way it's safer and you can see there is no chunks like if you put it in a bottle.
    Anonymous

• i did with my kids but nowhere near that young.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 7:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I did at the direction of my Ped at 10 weeks with my younger. Can not remember the ratio of cereal to formula but it was at the direction of my doctor. He is 11 years old and doing great!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• NEVER!  It's dangerous!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:43 PM on May. 11, 2010