I guess we can never be too trusting even with census workers?

A few different incidents where census workers turned out to be nasty criminals meaning harm.I will post links

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know! Its just crazy but these days you don't want to not answer your door in case they rob you thinking you aren't home but if you answer your door they may do a home invasion! OMG craziness....
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Should have mailed the census in when it came. I know they don't do background checks on these people. My bil is a felon and they hired him. Be careful ladies.
    Anonymous

• That sounds about right. If you don't fill it out your a criminal, so they send a criminal to your door. Glad I mailed mine in.
    Anonymous

• I HAD A CENSUS PERSON COME UP ON MY DECK. THEY ARE TO LEAVE THE INFORMATION AT THE FRONT DOOR. I DID NOT SEE HIM OR HER THANK GOD BECAUSE I HAVE ALL WINDOWS AND A GLASS DOOR!!! I DID CALL THE OFFICE ABOUT THIS.
    Anonymous

• Yeah a disgrace how ppl didnt mail it back. I dont open my door for anyone I dont know. period.
    Anonymous

• "I know they don't do background checks on these people. My bil is a felon and they hired him. Be careful ladies."

Actually, I am a Census worker right now and they DO finger print everyone and subject them to a background check. Maybe your brother's offense was not violent? It is illegal to refuse employment to someone just because they are a felon. You can fire them if they lie on their job application and say they're not when they are.

Please don't think the actions of a few violent jerks are representative of the entire Census. I'm not going to hurt you if I knock on your door.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Had you done your job and sent it in, no one would have to come to your door in the first place. I worked for the Census... We aren't all crazy. And a few assholes don't act for us all. But either way, it comes down to the fact that you should have sent in the census in the first place.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:00 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No it does not come down to that fact.As a matter of FACT some did send theirs in OR never got one! So these victims deserved this in your mind? SICK
    Anonymous

• PM on May. 11, 2010 by: Anonymous
    No it does not come down to that fact.As a matter of FACT some did send theirs in OR never got one! So these victims deserved this in your mind? SICK
    *******************Nobody said they deserved it. Good grief. Relax.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:09 PM on May. 11, 2010