Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wondering what option would be best...

My SIL told me about a week ago about a situation in her new neighborhood that kind of worries me. She has been making new friends and trying to spend some time with them because they have kids close in age to her son. Well, she was visiting these new friends and another neighbor came over and started hitting on her, she turned him down (of course) and told him that she was married and not interested. He tried touching her, and then tried to kiss her, all while she was telling him to back off. She told her friends about it and left, saying she never wanted to be left alone with him, they were pretty mad at him, but I'm not sure that they've said or done anything about it. She went home and locked the door, then he came by knocking and trying to OPEN the door, so she called my bro to come home. When I went by to visit we stepped outside to talk to her neighbor and this guy comes by, watching her the whole time CONT.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Everything but keep it to yourself. Call the cops, be there, tell bro.

    Answer by gdiamante at 8:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • CONT. she went back inside and he just stood there staring at where she had been. I'm afraid for her safety. So, my question is, should I tell my bro that the guy is still coming around (he knows about what happened) and let him take care of it OR should I try to spend a little more time over there and call the cops on the guy myself OR should I just let it be. SIL is pretty young and was really freaked out about what could have happened if the guy had been able to get into the house, personally, I'd love to hear that he was put in prison. What would you do?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • have her call the cops and they could patrol every once in a while. he has to actually do something for them to really care.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • I would do all of them. Tell your brother, it is his family to protect, he should know. Maybe your bro can go have a chat with this guy? I would also visit more, or call more and if it didn't stop after your brother talked to him, I would call the cops.

    Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 6:58 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • I'd have SIL file harassment charges against him. She told him no, told him to leave her alone, and now he's stalking her. I'd file it now and nip it in the bud. I would NOT let her husband "take care of it" because if it came down to it, he could end up getting into a physical altercation, and that would just cause more trouble. I'd personally tell SIL to file a harassment charge straight away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Call the police..

    Answer by Mad_Hexer at 7:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • I would just give her advice. To tell her DH/your Brother about it. Tell her to keep an eye out for the guy and call the cops if she has to. Keep the doors locked.
    On the other hand, you sure she is not seeing this guy on the sly, and he is getting to close to her then she want to?

    Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • OP here, I'm very sure she's not seeing him on the sly, she almost got sick when she saw him walk by, went inside immediately and refused to come back out until he left, on top of that she's just not the kind to run around behind anyone's back, I know she wouldn't cheat on my brother, and DEFINITELY not with a creep like that guy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Encourage ehr to tell her husband/ your brother, and see if she can hang out at your place for a few days til he is off work and she is not home alone/.

    Answer by txdaniella at 8:35 PM on May. 11, 2010