Do you think in the Politics/Current Events category Cafemom should stop allowing people to answer anonymously?

AutumnLybbie

Asked by AutumnLybbie at 7:11 PM on May. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No, but you seem to...why is that?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:13 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No. Sometimes I don't like what an anon has to say, but they need outlets just like everyone else and if they feel safer doing it anon then that's fine with me. Sometimes I don't like what people who are not anon say either! It's all freedom of expression to me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:14 PM on May. 11, 2010

• They can answer anon all they like if it keeps them from being harassed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No. The ANON button is there to give anonymity to anyone who wants to use it. There should be no limitations any any of the categories. However the ANON's whoa re ther just to stir the pot should be dealt with.
    Anonymous

• Yes and No. I think people should feel comfortable enough to not post anon but there are alot of people who really take things personal. I usually dont post anon but there has been times when I felt more comfortable posting anon.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:15 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I am more offended in that section by those who use their screen name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I understand in other catagories that there is a need. Like with parenting or other personal issues, people want to answer but it might be a sensative topic. So in those cases you get better answers because people can post annon. But just from what I've seen with the politics/current events people are only using it so they can be snarky and nasty.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 7:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• No. They couldn't do it in one category and not do it in others. That's discrimination.
    Anonymous

• Why so that people who don't agree with my politics or religion can come to my home page and groups to leave nasty messages? No thanks.

Anonymous

• to not get nastygrams from people who didn't like your response or to not be associated with an embarassing comment
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010