Did you vote today? Did you know there was an election?

Many states held special elections today. Less than 4% of people turned out to vote in the GA District 42 election. That means about 3500 people made a big decision for the 99000 registered voters because they bothered to SHOW UP.

Do you vote in special elections? Run offs? Midterms?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 7:14 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I knew it was today but I wasnt able to get out of the house today. I wish I could have but thats life i guess.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 7:17 PM on May. 11, 2010

• "Not able to get out of the house" is ridiculous!

Early voting is a nation-wide event. Some states allow early voting over 1 month in advance. Absentee voting is allowed in every election for any reason. Election day is simply the last chance to vote.

The polls are open for 12 hours on election day. Children are allowed at the poll.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Well, if you are going to bitch at people who answer your question, don't expect many more answers, Geesh!

How about she didn't vote early because she didn't know she wouldn't be able to put life on hold that day? Stuff happens, unclench.
    Anonymous

WOW ....Really??  Its a good damn thing your life is SOOOOOO flexible that you have time for every single election. Sh*t happens.....and Karma is a b*tch...hope the next election doesnt find you at the bedside of a sick child, carless, or any OTHER of the PLETHORA of things that could keep a person home bound!

eye rolling

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• There were no elections in my state today. I vote in Primaries when they hold them. Good enough for ya?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:44 PM on May. 11, 2010

• We had election last Tuesday in Ohio. I always vote.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thank you for all the support Ladies! And yes I was not able to get out of the house today, my son started throwing up at 4 am this morning and has not felt good all day. So excuse me for not wanting to put my son through the misery of being out when we didnt have to be and for not wanting to get anyone else sick.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:08 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I get all my ballots absentee and I always vote. Usually I get my ballots very early and mail them out within a day, so I don't know if there was an election today, if so I probably voted about a month ago, I completely forget lol.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 8:28 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I didn't hear a thing about it, but thank goodness, none of them were in my area, I would be very upset!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:39 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I had no idea there was an election today. I don't know if there was one in my area..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:46 PM on May. 11, 2010