has anyone else out there get post pardum pre eclampsia?

my son was about 10days old when i had to go back into the hospital for 5days with pre eclampsia,if my son hadnt had jaundice,they wouldnt have found it so soon.and even worse,when i got out of the hospital i lost my breast milk overnight.they say that shouldn't have happened either.the docs dont know much about it they say.just wondering how common this happens

vkm1130

Asked by vkm1130 at 7:22 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Health

• If it was post partum, it wasn't PRE eclampsia - PRE eclampsia is when you're still pregnant. Never heard of "post" eclampsia.
    Anonymous

• I have pre-clampsia with all 6 of my kids and then had postpartum eclampsia with 2 of them. I still take blood pressure today because of the last time and that was 9 years ago.
    Anonymous

• I am a nurse. Pre-eclampsia means that you haven't progressed to full-fledged eclampsia, which involves seizures and possibly death. My cousin's wife had a horrible first pregnancy, and she had to be hospitalized for pre-eclampsia after the birth. It does happen.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:22 PM on May. 11, 2010