Good experience moving back home?

I hear horror stories from people about having to move in with their parents when they are grown for one reason or another. I seriously never hear any good stories. And it makes me wonder if everything is going to randomly blow up around us.

We moved in with my parents 6 months ago after my husband was discharged from the military. We have a 3 year old, and everything's been going great. We all pitch in around the house, and my husband and I make sure to buy groceries and also do our best to help out with bills and try to help pay a portion of the monthly mortgage (rent for us). My dad even asked that we don't start looking for a new house until after the anniversary of my brother's death this summer because he thinks it helps my mom to have us all in the house.

Things are great for us. Has anyone else had a good experience moving back in with family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why are you living with your parents? Why didn't you save up money? Did you're husband go on any deployments? They get almost $1000 extra dollars a month. Or did you blow it all? Seems very irresponsible seeing that you have a 3 year old.

Anonymous

• We're back home because we moved across the country, and we're waiting for our house to sell (we should be closed by the end of the month) so that we aren't stuck with two mortgages. And we do have some savings, but it seemed MORE responsible to not completely destroy our savings while we got things settled into civilian life since my husband is now a disabled vet and we also had to wait for the VA, and we still haven't seen a dime from them yet. We're not just mooching off of my parents, as I stated, we're paying for our stay and helping with upkeep on their house, and my parents are loving being able to spend time with the grandchild they hadn't seen more than twice since her birth. How is that irresponsible?
    Anonymous

• I do not live with my parents, but I do belive that if I had to It would go well. I am a resopnsible adult and so is my husband.

Also I really get along with my parents and so does my husband.

We are actually going to stay with them for a month while our house has new windows, insulation and sheet rock put in. I don't want my son around alll the construstion dust and mayham. Plus it'd save us money since if we stayed we wouldn't have a kitchen to cook in, so we'd be eating out.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:51 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I'm considering moving so we can be near my family, just for security so if something happened to either one of us, there's be backup.Not move in with my parents but live nearby.Sounds like everything is going well for you, I'm glad. The first poster was incredibly rude and insensitive, seeing as how you have lost your brother.Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 13, 2010