In your opinion what is the most traumatic event your child has experienced so far in life?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:19 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• The cold blooded, unsolved murder of my parents in May of 2003.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:04 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My oldest was in a minor car accident with my husband. The airbags deployed with a biog puff of smoke. That happened five years ago and he still talks about it. I can not think of anything traumatic that has happened to our younger two.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:22 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My 10 year old dealing with his fathers and I divorce and the death of his grandmother due to breast cancer,he still has a difficult time dealing with both.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:27 PM on May. 11, 2010

• She had a boil on her leg that she had to have cut open in the hospital :(
    Anonymous

• The death of their Aunt, my sister, from breast cancer. She was not even 30 years old and suffered for 2 years before passing on. They loved her very much and although it's been almost 2 years now, they still remember her and will sometimes break down crying because they miss her.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Take your pick. I have no idea. He has had some medical issues where surgeries and doctor appointments were the norm. It broke my heart. And he now dislikes doctors strongly. We work on that. My husband and I also adopted him so my best instincts is that it has to be pretty tramatic to be away from the sounds, voices, smells, and the universe you got used to while in the womb to have to know new sounds, smells, voices, ect.... Even infants recognize, "ahh...I remember these smells, sounds..." around the home.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• my brother and my father fighting.. scared him awake and I couldn't calm him down for an hour until he heard no more yelling and throwing [my brother was throwing things around]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 8:29 PM on May. 11, 2010

• For all of them, when mommy had to go to the hospital for surgery, stayed 2 nights, couldn't do anything when she got home, then a few days later went back to the hospital and they didn't see her (me) for over a week - which included missing 1 child's birthday, among other things.

Idk if DD#3 remembers but a little over 3 years ago, when she was about 20 months old, she had seizures, was taken by ambulance to one hospital then transferred to another (no chopper since a blizzard was starting), and spent 4 days having all kinds of tests, not eating, all kinds of things.

Other than that, I really don't know. Not much goes on here thank goodness.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had two seizures, one one night and another the next night. This lead to 4 days in the hospital. They tried to put an IV in her and after 2.5 hours and about 20 poke holes they gave up. She still screams as soon as she sees someone in scrubs.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:30 PM on May. 11, 2010

• My 6 year old son recently spent 8 days in the hospital for an infected HUGE lymph node. IV antibiotics and finally had to have surgery on his neck to remove the abscess.
    Anonymous