Bottled Water linked to breast cancer?

I heard that you should not drink bottled water that has been left in the car, in the hot car, because the plastic bottle releases some kind of chemical when heated up and has been found in breast cancer. Some articles say its true and some articles say its not true. What have you heard about this? And some people are buying those cute water bottles that are metal on the inside to drink their water from. What do you think? I think i will drink more tap water and buy me a couple of those metal water bottles, even tho they are $10. each.

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 8:22 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The reusable bottles help keep all the non-reusables out of landfills too. That's my big thing. We never bought much bottle water anyway, but we all have a camelbak bottle (camelbak is BPA free plastic).
    Anonymous

• depends on the bottle. certain plastics release chemicals when heated. There was a big thing about it with baby bottles and such a while back. It's the plastic with the #5 recycling symbol. The chemical in the plastic is called phb. You will see lots of baby products now marketed as "phb free" because of all the hype.

of course, metal also leaches into the water if left in it too long, so really not much you can do. The best material is glass, but that of course is dangerous.

Thought - just don't let your plastic heat up! I personally just find it gross to drink something that's been left in the car that long.
    Anonymous

• oops got my acromym wrong there, it's bpa like the previous poster said.
    Anonymous

• Yes, BPA has been linked to cancer. That's one more reason that filtered water is way better.
    Anonymous

• I have heard that too ...and honestly I have stopped drinking out of the plastic water bottles ...

I mean I know it seems like every other week they say something else will cause some sort of cancer ( water bottles, microwaves, cell phones, popcorn!) .... maybe it is all true maybe it isnt..... I dont know...right now I dont hardly ever use the microwave ( except for making popcorn lol) , and I hardly use the cell either... ( but it was like that before I heard that stuff) ....Its hard to not be a little worried...but I cant help but think everything ( blinking, sleeping, breathing0 will be said to cause cancer
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:30 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I just heard about this on Facebook.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 8:33 PM on May. 11, 2010

• What about the bottled-water delivery truck? You know that truck gets hot.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:43 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Thank god I use tap with a filter in a BPA free bottle. I'm to cheap to pay for water in bottles. lol!

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 8:45 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I don't believe all these breast cancer links. I feel if it run strongly in your family, you will most likely get it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2010