Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do now ? court? police report? pray it doesnt happen again?

Me and my husband are divorced but have kept a pretty decent relationship for our 2 kids..... He is dating / living with a woman...who seemed alright but just kind of snotty ( wouldnt really talk to me, and just kind of has an attitude everytime I would see her) ....

Anyways today my kids went to their dads house ( I have custody, he has visitation) ...he was suppose to be there all day with them but had to go help his brother lift something and left the kids alone with the g/f for a few hours ( she left messages for not only me but my mom and his mom to come get the kids so she didnt have to watch them) ... well I finally got the message and went to go pick them up... I walked in on her SCREAMING AND YANKING MY DAUGHTER BY THE ARM ...she held her hard enough to leave her red hand mark on her arm for a few minutes...

I screamed at her and said not to ever talk to or touch my children in that way ever again *continued*

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (13)
  • or she will be in a world of hurt -- right then is when thier dad walked in and asked what was going on.... I told him if he doesnt control this woman he will going to court and then we left......

    Now... I dont know what to do ( my daugter said that the g/f is always mad at her and her little brother and is always yelling at them and telling them she cant stand them) ........... I have heard that if I go to court and try to get his visitation monitered ( if he doesnt leave this woman) can make things worse on me...


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • WOW i would go to court if he doesnt leave her. I cant believe that their dad is allowing them to be treated like that. If he cared for his children he'll leave her. If not take him to court and explain what his live in girlfriend does and says to the kids.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:50 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • POLICE!!!!!
    good luck!

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:52 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • well he doesnt believe that she really acts like that.... I even took a pic of my daughters arm on my cell and sent it to him -- his reply was our daughter must have been acting up

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • now another question...this happened a couple hours ago... if I would go to the police and make a report would it be too late ( could I wait until morning) ...

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • There is no question that she only want to have a relationship with your ex, not the kids. I would not leave them with him again until he control his maniac girlfriend. Remember, you have "CUSTODY", you hold the power.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • I'll do it now. It looks a lot better

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Save that pic and take it to a lawyer.

    Answer by cassey.e at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Do you have primary custody ... is there any joint custody invovled...?
    I suggest you get a hold of a lawyer and find out which avenue to go. They know the laws better... you can get a restraining order against the girlfriend that she cannot be anywhere near the children when they have visitation.. you can also do the supervised visitation as well.

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2010

  • Try to talk to your ex privately, and reassure him that you really want to continue to work together as a team... and that you want him to see his kids because it is good for everyone... but tell him that it's your job to protect them, and that he is to never leave them alone with her again. If something comes up, tell him to call and have you pick them up immediately. I doubt he's naive to the situation. If she is acting like this toward the kids, he should be able to tell.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.