What would you do?

When I found out I was pregnant I was worried about who I would see for a doctor since I just moved to the area and didn't really know of any out here. Well I started seeing a doctor who I really liked, who delivered at a hospital close to my home and was willing to see me even though I'm high risk. Well today I get a call from my mom who said that she looked him up ( I don't know why she did) and that he had a few issues on his medical records. Now I don't know what to do...is this common? Should I switch doctors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That would all depend on what "issues" were in the record. I mean, anybody can claim anything, but it doesnt make it true, also, if the issues are not significant then I might not worry about them either.

Do you know what the issues were?
    Anonymous

• If you feel comfortable with him and they really aren't big deals, like he killed a woman in labor or her unborn child then I would continue to see that doctor. You have momtuition and if a bell is ringing in your head then change doctors.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Why don't you look him up and make your own decision. See  what the things are that you mother has seen and then go from there. That's what I would do.

Anonymous

• hard to say... I agree with anon that you need to find out what the "issues" are.

... remember that obgyn who carved his initials into one of his patients. Well he was our friends dr and she LOVED him and said that she would still go back to him... so who knows.

Anonymous

• op here- Put on probation for substance abuse in the 90's and letter of reprimand...which I don't really understand cause its in legal words but it sounds like a girl didn't get enough testing done in her pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• if he was still treating patients while on drugs or drunk (since it isnt specific), that shows a huge judgement problem, and i would not go to him. yes, people make mistakes, but when it comes to the health of you and your child, you can never be too careful.

i would ask him about it. give him a chance to shed some light, then make your decision.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:10 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Honestly most doctors have a few "issues" on their medical records. No one is perfect and there is always those people that play the blame game when anything goes wrong in life. I wouldn't worry unless they are serious issues or if there are A LOT of issues.

The best advice I could give is to trust your instincts.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 10:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

• are you comfortable with him? are you comfortable with him having these issues on his records? if you answer yes then keep him, if not then either ask him about them or find a new doc
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:15 AM on May. 12, 2010