How would you describe Crystal Bowersox's hairdo?

Braids? Dregs? A mess? What is it and how does she do it? It looks like it is growing out smooth on top? Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Ask for Dreadlocks.. I personally dont like them, it ruins your hair. You basically have to cut the "dread" hair off when you get sick of them (or the itchy scalp) : /
    Anonymous

• Looks to me like she has dreadlocks and has let them grow out. Not a hairstyle I could rock but it seems to work for her!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:31 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I saw a person on the 'People of Walmart' blog, there is a person (not sure if it is male or female) but the hair is one huge matted mess. Is this what is probably started out with? It looks like a beaver died on the back of the neck of this person! How do you wash it? I mean, can water and shampoo get all the way through a thick braid, huh? I am speaking from ignorance because I have straight blonde hair.

Anonymous

• who??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:32 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Crystal Bowersox is a contestant on American Idol. Not that is a popular show, but this young woman has a voice akin to Janis Joplin or Carol King. Real throaty soulful voice. I have tried to re-watch clips on youtube to see her hair. It is in 'braids' long and pulled up into a mixture of a bun with feathers. Looks really nice, but I don't understand how hair can get that tangled. On purpose. I read the dread-lock page and learned a lot. There is a website called Peopleofwalmart.com which people take pictures of the average walmart customer in their natural daily wear. If you cannot sleep and need a good laugh, well find that page and you will spend hours learning all about human nature. It does take all kinds of nuts to make a fruitcake, right?

Anonymous