when did you start showering your child instead of bath time?

my son is going to be four is it okay to take a shower. or how long should he continue to take a bath?

greenegurls

Asked by greenegurls at 9:09 PM on May. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• soon after he starting standing. Hes 18 months and has been taking stand up showers for 2-3months. We only have a shower. He used to have a little whale tub but I felt he was outgrowing that (he'd try to stand in that) So I just started having him stand and its actually much easier and faster. I didnt know there was a specific age where it would be "okay" or "not okay" to take a stand up shower?
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:19 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I think as long as they're able to stand on their and follow directions, they should be fine. We actually gave our kids showers as babies rather than baths because it was much easier for one of us to get in the shower and scrub them down than to lug out the baby bathtub and all that mess. With my son, I think he was 6 months old before he started getting regular baths, and then when he was able to stand we'd let him take showers with DH to save time. He was probably 18 months old. He's 3 now, and we alternate depending on what's going on. Bath time to him is almost a treat. If he's really tired or it's later than usual, he gets a shower. Personally, I prefer to give him showers because it's much faster and easier.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:15 PM on May. 11, 2010