My staircase posts are too far apart. My daughter is crawling all over but I can't let her crawl around freely upstairs because the railings are spaced too far apart and she might fall through. Any suggestions on how to fix it besides building a whole new railing? Thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How about one long piece of lattice board diagonally down the staircase?? Something that can be decorative and protective. Then you can take it down when she is older and use it elsewhere. You would want to put it on the stairs-side of the posts, though, so if she fell on them she wouldn't push the lattice off of the railing and fall anyway.
    Anonymous

• youre going to let her climb on the stairs? what if she falls down them?
    Anonymous

• My mom was very crafty. She bought plexiglass cut to the right shape/ size and glued them at the bottom and sides. When we were older she took them off, scraped the glue and did some paint touch ups. If thats too much work, you could just buy a gate..
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 9:18 PM on May. 11, 2010

• I babysat for someone who also did the plexiglass for the staircase at their upstairs landing. I'm not sure where you buy it, but apparently it's not way too hard to find.

Answer by missanc at 9:21 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Lowes sells plexiglass and they will cut it for free.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:30 PM on May. 11, 2010

• We got this Kidkusion Kid Safe Banister Guard

they also sell special netting you can put across it.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:44 PM on May. 11, 2010