i am try to potty traning my little girl

she sit on it good but she dont use it and i buy the one play music

NewMOM69

Asked by NewMOM69 at 9:12 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, consistency is the answer. But she may not also be ready. I would still let her sit on the potty so she knows its a fun thing and not a 'punishment'. My daughter was almost 3 when she consistantly started using the potty. 20 min after she eats/drinks we go to the potty. Or else its just every hour. Good luck!! :D
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 9:24 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Potty training takes a lot of consistency. I bought a kitchen timer and I set it for every 30 mins (my LO pees constantly in the morning but can hold it all afternoon) and she knows when it dings that she has to go sit on the potty until it dings again which is usually about 5 minutes. So far this seems to be working for us. I was trying to leave this morning and she told me she needed to poop, and she then proceeded to poop and pee in the potty. We don't have any consistency when daddy is with her alone. I wish you luck and she will get it soon.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:16 PM on May. 11, 2010