He's two and a half. Shouldn't he be potty tranied already?

My son was doing so well and now its like he doesn't care anymore. I'm getting really frustrated about it. He's too old to be in diapers. I've tried everything-except for punishment. Nothing's really happened to make him have a set back.

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 9:35 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Then he isn't ready. Give him a few months break and then start again. The more you push when they are not ready the more they will push back and refuse to do it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:37 PM on May. 11, 2010

• He may not have been ready when you started. My son didn't "get it" til he was just about 3 - like 2 weeks before he turned 3 he finally understood the whole potty thing.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, he should be potty trained already. You must have done something wrong.Go back through all the steps you took and figure out what you did wrong and begin from that point. Try harder and do better this time.
    Anonymous

• my 3 yr old doesn't even seem to understand, Please don't punish for him not being trained every kid is different.. just keep sitting him on the toilet, give him stickers when he goes, and try putting him in underwear during the day.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:40 PM on May. 11, 2010

• don't listen to those who say you did something wroung
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:41 PM on May. 11, 2010

• You are fine. My sons were all right around 3 when they potty trained.
    Anonymous

• Just keep trying it is totally normal for them to back track just be consistent and encouraging. He is only 2 1/2. Most boys are not potty trained till 3. No punishment please !!!

ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 9:46 PM on May. 11, 2010

• What?? 2 1/2 and not potty trained yet! You must be doing something wrong!!!
    Anonymous

• I run a daycare. Boys usually are not as easy to potty train as girls. Also never punish. He will be fine. Rewards have always worked best for me and I have potty trained several children over the years. Matter of fact I just went out today to get more stickers, ribbons and prizes for the 3 boys I am potty training now. One will be 3 in three weeks. One is 2 yrs and 7 months and the other just turned 3 last week. 2 and half to 3 seems to be the norm for boys. They also have potty training bootcamp programs but you need to be home all day long for 3 to 5 days. It usually works. Good luck...Give lots of love and praise!!!
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:59 PM on May. 11, 2010

• You need to work with him more!
    Anonymous