Why is it hard to meet new people as we get older? (over 50)

Relocated and looking for ways to make new contacts for me. Have a 17 and 14 year old boys.

gusandboyes

Asked by gusandboyes at 9:36 PM on May. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Why is it difficult for a 21 yr old to meet men?
    Anonymous

• You just have to get out there and find folks. Network. Join groups. Meet folks online. I did volunteer work and met men and find that the safest way. I met guys online for years but that got scary for a while. Then I met SO and don't care about meeting more men.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 PM on May. 11, 2010

• Try meetup.com and join some groups that appeal to your interests. Good luck! I have such a hard time meeting new people too:(
    Anonymous

• I'm 50 and meet new people all the time. Some in the most unusual places. We go to garage sales every weekend, take classes at the library, go to festivals, I even made friends with the woman that was in the neighborhood doing the census. I also don't put any age limits on my friends. I have some friends in their 20's and other friends in their 80's and a bunch in between.

If your boys are into sports go to the games and start up conversations with the other parents.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:12 PM on May. 11, 2010